I have always had a wicked sweet tooth. Leave me within 10 feet of a packet of biscuits (aka cookies) and I’ll scoff the whole lot in one sitting. But knowing how damaging added sugar is to your health, I try very hard to limit my intake as much as possible. I make sure most of the sugar I eat comes from natural sources, like fruit and dairy products. Which is why I love turning decadent sweets into deliciously healthy treats, like these 3-ingredient apple crisp breakfast parfaits.
First of all, who can resist anything called a parfait? Right? Secondly, there are only 3 ingredients! This is so simple you can even pull it together before taking your first sip of coffee in the morning. Thirdly, this really does taste like dessert, except you get to eat it for breakfast. And you feel virtuous knowing you are fueling your body with healthy fats, protein, fiber, whole grains, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. All you need is apples, Greek yogurt, and granola to create these delicious 3-ingredient apple crisp breakfast parfaits. And if you haven’t tried making your own granola yet, I strongly encourage you to give it a try. It is far easier than you might think, and allows you to control the added sugar content.
- 4 apples
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups granola
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Peel, core, and dice the apples.
- Put the apples in a small pan with 2 tbsp water and the cinnamon, if using.
- Cover and simmer over a low heat for about 10 minutes, until the apples are soft.*
- Remove the apples from the heat.
- Put ¼ of the stewed apples in a mason jar or serving bowl.
- Top with ½ cup Greek yogurt and then ½ cup granola.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients until you have 4 servings.**
- Serve and enjoy.
- *Apples can be stewed in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- **Although this is delicious when the apples are warm, you can also prepare these in mason jars in advance and store them in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Dawn Quest says
I’m on it! Three of my favourite ingredients. xx
Mine too! There is something so delicious about eating warm stewed apples with cold, creamy Greek yogurt and crunchy granola.
Michelle @ The Last Food Blog says
I definitely could not resist this! I love stewed apple, I think I could have this for breakfast and dessert 😉
Me too Michelle! It does make a delicious dessert as well. And it’s much quicker to make than a full apple crumble. Thanks for your comment 🙂
This is brilliant! Thanks for sharing at the Healthy Living Link Party.
Thank you! And thanks for hosting such an awesome link up 🙂