Some days I find it challenging to reach my quota of 2.5 cups of vegetables, so I am always looking for new and interesting ways to prepare them. It was during such a pursuit that I came up with this recipe for curry roasted cauliflower. While it makes an excellent side dish, it is even better eaten straight from a bowl while relaxing in front of your favorite movie.
Cauliflower sometimes gets overlooked in the nutrition department in favor of the infamous ‘greens’. However, it is a very good source of fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, and vitamin B6. It is also a good source of protein, vitamins B1, B2, and B3, as well as magnesium and phosphorus. And while cauliflower lends itself well to being smothered with cheese sauce, this curry roasted cauliflower recipe has far less fat and fewer calories
leaving more room for cake.
Curry Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oil, curry powder, garlic powder, salt, lemon juice, and pepper.
3. Add the cauliflower florets to the mixture and stir well to coat them.
4. Spread the cauliflower onto a baking sheet and put it in the oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Yum, what a delicious blend of flavours!
Fourth Generation Farmgirl says
This sounds wonderful!
Kim | Peeled Wellness says
Cauliflower is still on my to-conquer list. This seasoning blend looks like a nice change of pace! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Kim | http://peeledwellness.com
Thanks for sharing on the Healthy Living Link Party.
Ellen Sorel says
I made it and it was delicious!! Ill def make it again!
I’m so glad you liked it Ellen. Thank you for the feedback 🙂