These last couple of weeks have been pretty hectic in our house. But in amongst all the craziness, I got a lovely surprise from a fellow blogger. Miranda, over at Let Food HEAL Your Body, nominated me for the Creative Blogger Award.
I am so grateful to Miranda, not only for nominating me for the award, but also for being my biggest supporter in my blogging journey so far. I am also grateful for the amazing information she provides on her blog about how to use food to heal your body. She has an incredible personal story about how food helped her stop taking a whole host of medications that had been prescribed for her illness, and she has some really interesting information about Ayurvedic medicine and food.
Now to the award.
- Nominate 10-20 blogs and notify the nominees.
- Post the link of the blog that nominated you.
- Share five random facts about yourself.
Five Random Facts About Myself
- I grew up on a tiny British island (Jersey) that is just 9 by 5 miles.
- I was a Barrister (trial attorney) in London, England until I went on holiday to Southern California, learned to surf, and met my American husband at the beach. Ten years later we still surf together.
- I am learning to tap dance – something I have wanted to do since I was 4 years old. I LOVE it, even if I do look like Dick Van Dyke in the penguin scene in Mary Poppins.
- I once spent 3 months in Trinidad working with human rights lawyers and interviewing prisoners on death row.
- I love cake. I try to only eat cake that I have made (or my friend Brigitte, an excellent baker). That way it isn’t around too often and I know exactly what the ingredients are. But everything in moderation, right?
My nominees (in no particular order)
1. Dawn and Rachel at Meals Our Kids Love. They have a beautiful blog that helps families deal with that mealtime frustration that comes with trying to provide healthy food to a family while juggling busy lives. They also have an excellent Facebook group where parents share recipes, ideas, frustrations, and help each other out.
2. Kim at Peeled Wellness. She is a professional health educator with an amazing blog about what wellness really is. She has lots of delicious recipes to share, and organizes a fantastic weekly link up called Tell ’em Tuesdays where bloggers can share their content and meet other awesome bloggers.
3. Learn Nutrition with Me. A dietetic graduate student’s excellent blog containing lots of useful information about recent nutrition research and news.
4. Michele and Megan at Consume With Love. Twins on a mission to eat and shop ethically, they have great posts about ethical clothing, delicious recipes, and useful nutrition information.
5. Amanda at Anchored to Sunshine. She has a great lifestyle blog with plenty of amazing book reviews, tasty recipes, fitness tips, and other interesting tidbits about life in DC.
6. BreAnna at Crafty Coin. She blogs about how to eat real food on a tight budget. She has amazing tips for how to grocery shop on a budget, and takes beautiful photographs of her weekly unprocessed purchases, all bought with a budget of $70 for two adults.
7. Andrea at Ten More Bites. This is a wonderful collection of recipes that she and her family eat, including the recipes that she enjoyed as a child growing up in Northern Canada.
8. Tonya at Fourth Generation Farm Girl. This wonderful blog chronicles her life farming, gardening, sheep and chicken-keeping as a fourth generation farm girl in rural Virginia. She also takes beautiful photographs of her surroundings, which she shares in her posts.
9. Meals with Mel. Her blog takes readers on a culinary adventure as she looks for new recipes to try, and revives old ones. It includes plenty of spicy, Texan-inspired recipes, as well as gorgeous photographs of the food she cooks.
10. Pete at Our Better Health. This is an excellent blog about diet, health, fitness lifestyle and wellness. He posts about everything from recent nutrition research to Buddhist philosophies. Always a very interesting read.